Monday, February 20, 2006

Stepfordization?

I'm having a weird day. I thought I was working today, but when I downloaded to get my orders this morning, they didn't give me anything. That was strange, I knew business couldn't be that slow, so I checked my schedule. I'm sure they must have changed it because it now says I have today and tomorrow off. It still has the same number of days on and off, they are just in different places than I thought they were. Oh well, it was a nice surprise.

With my new found freedom today, I decided I would spend some extra time alone with God. But I didn't get on it right away, and I got the sudden urge to iron my jeans. I never iron anything, let alone jeans. This left me with three possible conclusions (perhaps whoever reads this could vote and let me know what they think). 1. I'm getting old and ironing my jeans is something that is coming with my old age. 2. Ironing is from the devil and he just wanted to distract me from God for a while to see if I would forget about the extra time. 3. Joel had me stepfordized, and that command start remote isn't really for the car.

I did finally drag myself to my bible, and had a great time once I got it open, by the way. I'm a bit compulsive in my worrying, and when I go to Jesus, He really does enable me to slow down my mind and focus on Him. My concerns are still there, but the knot in my stomach gets replaced with peace in my heart.

Praise God for unexpected days off. I'm glad that I can skip the work socks today and wear some girly socks that match both my shirt and my new car.

3 comments:

LJE said...

hopefully it's not the "command start"....who knows what nefariously evil purposes he could use that for? Maybe you'd start ironing HIS jeans!!

I love wearing socks that match my clothes, never thought about matching them to my car. The color of your car is super sweet, btw, i saw it last night :)

Joel said...

I guess you'll never know.
MUWAHAHAHAHA!!

Angie said...

My guess is that ironing is from the devil ;)